The fourth round up of some of the comings and goings on and around King St Newtown in the last month or so. Thanks to reader Alison for some of the observations, and those who commented on Hatches III.
- Famous Surry Hills Thai Prasits has taken over the not very succesful Thai restaurant next to the high school
- New Asian restaurant – and it’s not Thai! - Asian King, on the site of old Shaiza’s Curry House
- A Coffee and a Yarn at 413 King St - hugely popular knitting and mini-cafe
- The Granny Square – looks like a cute crafts store, site of old Champion Textiles – 47 King St (a theme here)
- Chocolate Dog is now a Polish restaurant, according to Twitter !
- Yet another bottle shop proposed for Newtown Central (next to Townie)
- Check out the excellent Planning Alerts site to track D.A.s near you
- Moose in the SMH (Facebook link)
- Darley St Bistro in the Botany View Hotel makes the Tele's Top 10 Pub Bistros
- Street Food blog has a few Newtown reviews
- Blog review of A Coffee and a Yarn
- Pretty Dog has moved down the road in Brown Street; it's great to see some action off King Street.
- Popular cafe Anise has closed due to renovations upstairs
- Funky Cafe is on the market. Whoever buys it must maintain the music ! And death to the nimby who raised a noise complaint; on King St FFS.
- A new Festival proposed for Eliza St in September