Monday, September 14, 2009

Mystery Photo IV Revealed - Tram Shed Ramparts


Mystery Photo IV asked you to identify the jungle ramparts in the photo above. This didn't prove too difficult, and Steve of Bucknell very quickly identified it as the back of the tramsheds off Railway Lane. I'll save a potted history of the tram sheds, and the mayor's plans for them, for another post and instead just share a few more photos of the sheds as they are today.

There are some fantastic shots from inside the sheds on Newstown reader Ghee's flickr page; below I offer my more humble efforts - from the laneway:




from Erskineville:


and finally from the Thomas Street:

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. I know this is an old post, but I'd love to know more about this place as you can see it from my balcony and I'm always wondering what it is or whether the space will ever be used again... maybe you could do a post on it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am agree with Ali-bell,i would also like to know more about this post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Belated response - I am planning to repost on this - but it's hard to come by facts. Keep an eye out ...

    ReplyDelete